MINDtheGEPs data protection notice
The Modifying Institutions by Developing Gender Equality Plans (MINDtheGEPs) project is a four year with 10 partners funded under the European research and innovation programme Horizon 2020. This data protection notice informs you about how we process personal data that you submit to the project via different www.mindthegeps.eu interfaces such as contact and registration forms.
The MINDtheGEPs consortium is committed to user privacy and data protection. This means that any personal data, that can identify you as a person directly or indirectly, will be processed in compliance with the European legislation – General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and national data protection laws. When you agree to share your data with MINDtheGEPs, we commit to processing your data in accordance with the purposes, requirements, and restrictions we set out in this notice.
MINDtheGEPs data controllers are the individuals or bodies that, either alone or together with others, determine the different purposes and means by which your personal data will be processed. MINDtheGEPs data controllers for data submitted through web interfaces are:
- Cristina Solera, project coordinator, University of Turin
- Federica Turco, project manager, University of Turin
- Josepine Fernow, project communication manager, Uppsala University
The purposes and legal basis for processing your personal data
The MINDtheGEPs project will only process your personal data to…
- engage you in consultations and events.
- share our results and other project outputs with you via e-mail, web, social media, and newsletters.
We will only collect personal data that are necessary to achieve the processing purposes above. Your personal data will not be used for other purposes than those stated here. We will not share data with third parties, which in this case means people that are not in the MINDtheGEPs project.
The primary legal basis for processing your personal data is your consent. It is important to know that you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. This will not have any negative consequences for you. An additional legal basis on which we process your personal data is our legitimate interest to ensure our project can communicate with you, its stakeholders.
Who receives and processes your personal data
The personal information you enter here will be received and processed by Uppsala University and the University of Turin. If it is required, this data may be processed by other members of the MINDtheGEPs consortium. Access to information will be restricted to members of the consortium using access controls, which include secure logins to MINDtheGEPs data repositories.
The period and nature of the processing, and the rights of the individual
The personal information you provide here will be used until the purpose for which it was collected ends, or the MINDtheGEPs project ends. Your data may be archived for ten years after the project ends (31 July 2025), or until you withdraw your consent. After either of these points, your data will be deleted. In addition, you have the right to:
- request the controllers to give you access to the personal data about you that is in our possession.
- request the controllers to correct any errors in your personal data to ensure it is accurate.
- request that the controllers erase your personal data.
- request that the controllers restrict future processing of your personal data,
- object to the processing of your personal data.
- data portability, which means that upon your request, the data controller should provide you with a copy of all the data that we have about you in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
- withdraw your consent at any time, as the processing of your personal data occurs based on your consent. At this point, we will cease further processing of your personal data. Please note that this does not affect the lawfulness of any processing that we have already performed (before you withdraw your consent).
- place a complaint with a supervisory authority, for example, your national data protection authority.
By submitting my contact information to MINDtheGEPs...
I acknowledge that I have been informed of my rights about the processing of my personal data by the MINDtheGEPs project and understand my rights: I freely consent to the processing of my personal data by MINDtheGEPs for the purposes listed above.
10 partners from 7 EU countries unite to close the gender gap in research and innovation. Ensuring work-life balance for all, and increasing women's participation in research.
Connect with us!
Join the MINDtheGEPs community by signing up to receive our newsletter and following us on Twitter to receive the latest news and invitations to events!